Borough of Susquehanna Depot
Northeastern Pennsylvania 18847
The Borough of Susquehanna Depot, commonly referred to as just Susquehanna, is a quaint rural town in northeastern Pennsylvania.
The borough is nestled in a forested mountainside along the Susquehanna River.
Farms and mature forests of oak and maple surround us. The wide blue-stone sidewalks shaded by ancient maple trees, make a stroll through our Victorian era town an absolute pleasure. Susquehanna Depot is tranquil, beautiful and easy to get to.
Fall and Winter are great times to visit Susquehanna Depot. Autumn paints our mountainsides with splashes of vibrant colors. The variety of trees in our forests creates a wide range of colors that change throughout the season. Fall also signals hunting season. Susquehanna Depot is surrounded by thousands of acres of Pennsylvania State Game Lands.
Wildlife is bountiful, including wild turkey, grouse, squirrel, rabbit, black bear and whitetail deer. Hunters are welcome in our local establishments with some having special hours for early breakfasts or packed lunches to take on the hunt.
Winter brings it own special beauty. Leafless trees make stark silhouettes against the white snow. Downhill skiing is just a short distance away at Elk Mountain. Snowmobiling is also popular here with miles of trails along the Rails to Trails system. Winter weather does not keep our children indoors. You’ll see them out and about in the snow, building snowmen, sledding, and having snowball fights.
Join us to see how pleasant small town life can be!
HOMETOWN DAYS JULY 15 – JULY 18, 2015
- Weds. Night: Carnival, wrist band, beer & clams, food, Games of Chance
- Thurs. Night: Carnival, Teen Idol, wrist band, beer & clams, food, Games of Chance
- Friday Night: Parade, Carnival, live music, beer & clams, food, Games of Chance.
- Sat. Morning: 5K family friendly run/walk. Registration 7:00 AM Race: 9:00 AM
- Sat. Night: Carnival, live music, beer & claims, food, Games of chance. Large Firework display.